Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I Love to Know You

Hmmm, well I might discuss the color with you Tom. More than likely, it would just be painted when you returned home.

I guess that might make some husbands mad, but I love that I know it wouldn't you.

I love that I KNOW.

I LOVE THAT I KNOW YOU!

May will mark 18 years that we have been married...20 that we have shared together.

TWENTY years!

That seems crazy, doesn't it? Don't you still feel young? Well, okay, except for our stiffness and the sounds our joints make...and our thinning hair and larger abdomens...

If not for all that, it would seem like we are just as cool and fun as we used to be while only our kids are getting older and hanging out with us!

Oh my how time flies. Whether we are having fun or not, it just keeps on ticking.

I'm so thankful we stuck through the hard times and have enjoyed many, many great ones together babe.

I'm so thankful that I have someone to "know."

How you like your soup. How to fold your pants. Your favorite desserts. Which white t-shirts. No lemon in your tea. Not this brand, that brand. No country music please. How a military home-coming makes you cry. What you are thinking across a room when we catch each other's eye.

I'm sure it's the many separations of our Navy days and your continued work, but I'm glad we have managed to make the most of the time we do get together. I'm glad we have each other to "know." There's such comfort in the familiar! I'm sorry for the times I probably take that for granted.

I treasure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment